TrackManiaForever [O.M] Team Index du Forum TrackManiaForever [O.M] Team
Forum de la team [O.M] de TrackMania

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Duke's Tip : Roundmode check

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    TrackManiaForever [O.M] Team Index du Forum >>> Forum TrackMania : Le jeux / Les servers >>> Maps >>> Le coin des Mapeurs
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
The4thDuke

MessagePosté le: 28/01/2009 19:29:35    Sujet du message: Duke's Tip : Roundmode check Répondre en citant

This tip is a favour I ask to whoever is proposing new maps for the server, I called it "Roundmode Check".

Most of OM's dirt servers are on round mode, when you make a map which is supposed to be for a round mode too, you must check if it is compatible for round mode. What should you check? Easy, the respawn points/checkpoints.

Sometimes it happens you fail a jump, or a curve, or you land on your roof, or you simply get an odd bug, if you want to end the round to earn the few points you can still get you need to respawn to the last checkpoint and continue the race. I've seen there are some maps in the server which don't let you continue the race because when you respawn on a certain checkpoint you have not enough speed to perform a jump or to get the checkpoint on air, and there are no way to cut it or get more speed to continue the race, this always results in a retire and a big lose of points. The Roundmode check is very easy and takes just a few minutes, it guarantees that the map respects the round mode too.

Start the race from the start, everytime you drive through a checkpoint, press enter to respawn there, do it for each checkpoint. If you manage to complete the race by respawning on each checkpoint and avoiding to perform weird cuts to get around the not performable route, your track is fine for round mode too! Otherwise you need to fix something, if you haven't enough speed to perform a jump just move the checkpoint a few blocks behind, either way add a boost block, or any other solution as far as it allows you to continue the route.

When fixing it, pay attention to:

- The possible cuts you may have created when fixing a checkpoint
- The checkpoints you have moved or added

For the last point, when you're done checking the Round mode, drive once again the entire map without respawning and see if the checkpoints doesn't give troubles to the normal and fastest route, example, if you move a checkpoint a few blocks behind its original place, you may have some troubles with passing it, mostly if there's a jump before that checkpoint, because you may touch the checkpoint or you have to brake to not miss it. If you follow this tests your map will be perfect for round mode!

This is just a suggestion by me because I've seen some maps with bad respawn points (and earned a - - by me), I am not an expert "mappeur" but I hope these tips will increase your skill too! Cool

" just two good ol' boys...wouldn't change if they could...fightin' the system like two modern-day Robin Hood"
Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 28/01/2009 19:29:35    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
BigBooss
Modérateur
Modérateur

compet::

MessagePosté le: 28/01/2009 19:53:46    Sujet du message: Duke's Tip : Roundmode check Répondre en citant

I'm totally agree with yours suggestion !! Okay
But it's need time & making lot of map to acquire experience...
そlooop`
Modérateur
Modérateur

compet::

MessagePosté le: 28/01/2009 21:36:12    Sujet du message: Duke's Tip : Roundmode check Répondre en citant

Héhé, it's just Rolling Eyes Mr. Green !

Sorry but I am not going to make the complete translation Very Happy I synthetize !

Duke nous dit en gros de faire très attention aux positionnement des checkpoints (ne pas se le prendre dans la tronche lors d'un saut par exemple), afin d'éviter les cuts, et les respawns ne permettant pas de terminer la course (check en l'air, spawn trop proche) ou faisant perdre encore plus de temps (checkpoints trop éloignés).
Il conclu en nous disant qu'il n'est pas mappeur professionnel, mais qu'il a vu quelques-une des maps présentent sur nos serveur avec ces défaut, et il espère que cela pourra nous aider.

Héhé, if you see that GO -- ! Thanks for the post !

Si vous voyez sa Go -- !

The4thDuke

MessagePosté le: 28/01/2009 22:16:42    Sujet du message: Duke's Tip : Roundmode check Répondre en citant

I knew that, the post is too long, but it's ok Cool Razz

" just two good ol' boys...wouldn't change if they could...fightin' the system like two modern-day Robin Hood"
Visiter le site web du posteur
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: 09/12/2016 15:32:27    Sujet du message: Duke's Tip : Roundmode check

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    TrackManiaForever [O.M] Team Index du Forum >>> Forum TrackMania : Le jeux / Les servers >>> Maps >>> Le coin des Mapeurs Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation